NATURAL HEALTH Advanced Module
NHN A 301 The Digestive system
• Digestive System and related diseases and how weshould be eating.
• How food is digested in the digestive tract including the physiology of food-combining and the cycles of the digestive tract. Also covers the function of Parietal cells and the relationship of digestion to the endocrine system, hydrochloric acid ptyalin and other enzymes and the roles they play in digestion.
• Why we suffer from digestive disorders like ulcers,spastic colon or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), hiatus hernias, ulcerativecolitis, haemorrhoids, gall stones etc.
• How to eat and live to avoid digestive problems,including how to eat if you lack certain digestive enzymes or if you have had a section of your digestive tract removed.
NHN A 302: Endocrine (hormonal)System and related diseases.
• Outlining our hormonal system namely the Pituitary gland, Thyroid, Adrenal Glands, Ovaries/Testes and Pancreas - the roles they play and how they influence each other.
• What causes them to not function properly and some of the symptoms or problems that can arise from a faulty hormonal system e.g.allergies, blood pressure, hypoglycaemia, insulin resistance, diabetes, weight problems, skin problems, liver, lung, kidney and heart function, reproduction etc.
• Menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) - whento take or not to take HRT, and the side effects.
• An in-depth look at how diet and lifestyle affects this delicate balance and what the results to your health are and how to correct them with practical guidelines.
NHN A 303: The Respiratory tract andrelated diseases
• The respiratory tract (the nose, the lungs etc.) andhow it works.
• Smoking, side-stream and passive smoking - how does it really damage our body?
• How to strengthen our lungs against pollution,bronchitis, sinus, asthma, tuberculosis, etc.
• How diet and lifestyle changes will aid the body in strengthening and repairing our respiratory tract.
NHN A 304: Skin and related diseases.
• The many roles and functions of the skin and how it 'talks' to us through various symptoms like eczema, dermatitis, rashes, Psoriasis,dry and oily skin, acne, athletes foot, shingles, cold sores (herpes simplex),dermatitis, Pruritus, Vitiligo, skin cancer and sunlight, varicose veins etc. showing that all is not well inside the body.
• How to maintain our skin without the aid of expensive cosmetics to keep us looking young and radiant.
NHN A 305: Immune system
• The role diet plays in immune function, from cancer,to heart disease, diabetes, AIDS, auto-immune disease, colds, flu etc.
• Ideal foods to boost immune function• How to eat when ill?
• Feeding children when ill.
NHN A 306 Mental problems, stress,depression and nutrition.
• "Our foods are literally our moods" - howfood affects our behaviour.
• How diet affects neurotransmitters in the brain
• Brain allergies and the effect deficiencies have on the development and function of the brain.
• Covering symptoms and problems like hyperactivity,Schizophrenia, hyper aggressive behaviour, moodiness, photo-phobia, tempertantrums, pre-menstrual tension, "spaced-out" feelings or disassociation with oneself, irrational behaviour, depression, irritability,insecurity and loads more!
• The best diet and lifestyle to help you cope forever with life's "knocks", including which foods to avoid to help curb and stop mood swings etc. permanently!
NHN A 307 Detoxification, Fastingand cleansing diets.
• The organs of elimination, particularly the liver, lungs, kidneys and skin and how they work in cleaning the body out or ridding it of toxins.
• Covering all the detoxification symptoms like headaches, diarrhoea, constipation, vomiting, discharge, excess mucous (runny nose etc.), heart palpitations etc.
• The side-effects or benefits of so called detoxification substances such as garlic, ginger, fennel tea etc. How to help your body to clean out and stay clean naturally.
• This covers basic detoxification including a program for people whose background and diet have been completely out of balance.
• This lesson covers how beneficial fasting is for us, how to prepare for a fast, how to cope during a fast and how to break a fast correctly. When fasting is dangerous, medication and fasting, when not to fast,and when to fast.
• Symptoms of detoxification and symptoms during fasting- how to cope with and interpret these.
• Other cleansing diets like the ‘juice fasts’, monofruit ‘fasts’ and when to employ them. EXTRA READING &RESEARCH MODULE This section is over 80 pages of research, writings and information that will help with your all-round understanding of natural health and the body.
• Allergies & Hay fever
• Amalgam Fillings
• Arthritis, Gout & Osteoarthritis
• Artificial sweeteners
• Breast Cancer
• Diet & the Immune System
• Endocrine Disorders
• Exercise & the Hormonal System
• Flaxseed Oil
• Heart Disease
• High Protein Diets
• Light & Health
• Side Effects of The Pill
• Weight Issues
• Refined Sugar
• Vaccinations Practical Assignments Practical assignments have to be completed on each lesson which will involve from finding volunteers to do health assessments on, recognising dietary changes they need to make, and to reading prescribed books and completing a questionnaire thereafter.
NB. These assignments have to be submitted electronically (i.e. emailed)Recognition In recognition for your efforts, successful candidates will receive a Certificate, issued by the Academy.
Pre-Requisites This course is aimed at anyone wanting a balanced approach to natural health without the hype, including, mothers, fathers, General Practitioners, Psychiatrists, Pharmacists, Chiropractors, Dieticians, Clinical Psychologists, Social Workers, Nurses,Dentists, Nutritionists, Natural Therapists, Acupuncturists, and BeautyTherapists.