· 400 g or 2-3 cups sliced green beans or any other cooked beans like chick peas, butter beans, borlotti, red or even black beans
· 1 cup leek or onion coarsely chopped.
· 1 red bell pepper chopped.
· 3-4 sweet and ripe tomatoes.
· 2-3 large potatoes cut in big chunks.
· 500 ml (17 fl oz) tomato purée or passata.
· A bunch of flat-leaf parsley.
· ½ cup coconut or extra-virgin olive oil.
· Salt and ground pepper.
1. Trim edges of green beans (if not cut already), wash and drain them. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add the potatoes frying them until golden.
3. Blend tomato paste with tomatoes and parsley using a blender.
4. Add the leeks or onion and red pepper and cook until they start getting soft. Add the beans, give it a good stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the fresh tomato paste, the tomato purée (or passata). Stir well and make sure that the juices cover all of the ingredients. If not, add some hot water.
6. Simmer gently for 1 hour until the beans are soft. stir from time to time.
7. Serve with lots of fresh bread , fresh avocado, olives and drizzle with olive oil.